I was looking for a free tool that will convert a bulky MOV file to something much smaller so I can post it to a website. I got a tip from a friend that Format Factory will do the job and much more. I was a bit sceptical at first but I thought why not.
I downloaded the 40MB package after quickly Googling the term “format media converter” because I couldn’t remember the name of the software at the time. I installed the application and used it to convert the MOV file to AVI, and I was blown away! It converted very quickly without any problems. Wow, I am now a fan!
Here’s the full spec of the software:
Format Factory is a multifunctional media converter.
Provides functions below:
- All to MP4/3GP/MPG/AVI/WMV/FLV/SWF.
- All to MP3/WMA/AMR/OGG/AAC/WAV.
- All to JPG/BMP/PNG/TIF/ICO/GIF/TGA.
- Rip DVD to video file , Rip Music CD to audio file.
- MP4 files support iPod/iPhone/PSP/BlackBerry format.
- Supports RMVB,Watermark, AV Mux.
Format Factory’s Feature:
- support converting all popular video,audio,picture formats to others.
- Repair damaged video and audio file.
- Reducing Multimedia file size.
- Support iphone,ipod multimedia file formats.
- Picture converting supports Zoom,Rotate/Flip,tags.
- DVD Ripper.
- Supports 56 languages